Performance Monitoring, Alerting, and Reporting for Managed Service Providers and Cloud Providers
Service Providers are challenged with finding efficient, cost effective, flexible performance monitoring solutions for managing customer environments that consist of constantly changing hybrid infrastructure. MonitorIT is a easy to configure and priced so Service Providers are able to protect their profit margins and build a sustainable business model.
Remote Performance Monitoring
MonitorIT’s Intelligent Agents make it easy to monitor and manage customer sites remotely. Any agent can be designated as a “Master Agent” at a remote site, behind a firewall, and configured to proactively reach out to the central MonitorIT server if a condition is met and triggers an alert. There is no need to deploy a separate server or proxy at a remote location. Note: Intelligent Agents are less than 0.1% CPU/ 16 MB Memory, click to deploy and easy to use.
One Product / Multiple Uses
MonitorIT is a comprehensive performance monitoring solution and service provider software offering out-of-the-box support for VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and the surrounding infrastructure:
Configuration and Ease of Use
- No Consulting Services Required from Goliath- MonitorIT is easy to install and configure allowing Service Providers to start implementing in customer environments
- Out-of-the-Box Multi-Tenancy – Service Providers can leverage MonitorIT’s Multi-Tenancy support to manage environments by customer, location, etc.
- Pre-configured Monitoring Rules- MonitorIT provides out-of-the-box rules for remote performance monitoring of:
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Citrix XenServer and VMware Hypervisors
- Physical Servers
- Network Devices
- Automatic Discovery – Once deployed on-premise or at a remote site, our Intelligent Agent(less than 0.1% CPU/ 16 MB Memory) will discover the physical and virtual servers, workstations, network and storage devices in remote location inventory.
- Automatic Deployment – Our Intelligent agent allows you to deploy the Windows Agent to the newly discovered remote inventory with just a few mouse clicks via the MonitorIT central console, for deeper application and OS monitoring.
- Automatic Remediation – MonitorIT not only allows you to monitor customer environments, but also provides built in capability to automatically take action.
Branded Reports and User Interface
MonitorIT gives Service Providers the ability to tailor certain information to their business and customer environments. With MonitorIT, you can:
- Create a White Label UI – Leveraging the MonitorIT APIs, Service Providers can create their own customer facing UI
- Build Custom Reports – MonitorIT allows Service Providers to build custom reports that includes company logo
- Billing – Service Providers can also leverage MonitorIT for customer usage and billing reports
Whether you are a cloud provider offering software, platform or infrastructure as a Service, managed service provider or hosting provider, you will be able to take advantage of the following features:
The “Intelligent Agent” has several unique features that make it worthy of being considered intelligent.
- Easy to deploy and configure relative to most agents.
- It is able to capture deep diagnostic metrics with little resource utilization, typically only 0.1% CPU / <16MB of Memory / 1MB Footprint
- The “Master Agent” capability negates the need to distribute servers at remote locations. Any agent can be designated a “Master Agent” at a remote site, behind a firewall to monitor any SNMP or Syslog enabled device and VMware or Citrix Virtual Machines, while negating the requirement to deploy an additional monitoring server to each location.
Master Agent Capability
The “Master Agent” feature is a subset of the overall Intelligent Agent functionality. This capability is incredibly powerful because it allows the product to monitor and manage remote locations quickly and easily. Any agent can be designated as a “Master Agent” at a remote site, behind a firewall, and configured to proactively reach out to the central MonitorIT server if a condition is met and triggers an alert. There is no need to deploy a separate server at a remote location to monitor any Syslog, SNMP enabled device, and VMware or Citrix Virtual Hosts and Virtual Machines. The “Master Agent” still retains the capability to initiate automatic fix actions as with any other agent.
Cloud SDL API Integration
MonitorIT has a well documented API that allows MSP or Cloud Providers to integrate the deep metrics, real-time analysis, and alerting of MonitorIT into an existing Dashboard or create their own branded front end. The API integration further allows service providers to deliver current, historical data, and reports analyzed by MonitorIT to customers or consolidate it for global reports as you expand to multiple data centers.
•Management Views: Customize to control views within our product to show the customer just their environment, while the consultant or service provider can see and manage all customers. Enable executives and account managers to run reports and see dashboards for their specific customers, without the rights to inadvertently change configurations.
•Apply Security by Role and Customer: Depending on security requirements configure Customer, Engineer, and/or Management access.
•Remote Management: Often the “tenants” are separated by firewalls; MonitorIT has the ability monitor those environments without deploying any additional servers or proxies. Agents deployed to those locations can securely connect back to the MonitorIT central server over an encrypted connection.
User Stories: Cloud
Business Challenge: As a service provider that is focused on Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp deployment and management, we have many customers with varying needs. Within some of our customer environments, we’re responsible for the performance of hybrid infrastructure consisting of physical, virtual, and cloud deployments which support Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop. Our customers have moved towards technologies such as Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop to provide an efficient, cost effective way to deliver applications and desktops to distributed end-users.Download User Story
b2b Cloud Solutions
Business Challenge: I wanted to find a remote performance monitoring solution that would support our business model here at B2B Cloud Services where we will offer our ability to monitor customer systems as a service. The technology would have to be flexible enough to manage our internal IT infrastructure, remote customer locations and our co-location facility. In addition the product would have to be able to manage our entire infrastructure which included: virtual servers, physical servers, network elements, various applications and work stations. Finally, there must be enterprise reporting that is detailed enough with relevant information such that we can share this with our customers who rely on us to meet our service level agreements.Download User Story
Business Challenge: As a managed service provider (MSP), I had stringent service level agreements (SLAs) to meet which required that my customers’ systems would always be available. We were looking for a monitoring and management solution that would scale as our customer rapidly adopted or services. In this competitive marketplace we wanted to extend our service offerings to provide both on site and remote monitoring of customer infrastructure. It was very important to find a product that supported our business model of remote management for remote servers, network devices and work stations. Finally, the remote performance monitoring solution had to have a price that supported our economic model.Download User Story
- Harris Corporation
- ADP Dealer Services Limited
- Icahn Associates Corporation
- Virtacore Systems
- mindSHIFT Technologies
- b2b Cloud Solutions
- The Jockey Club Technology Services
- Pendle Connections
- QSP, Inc.
- CPU, Inc.
- Kelmar Associates
- Perpetual Technologies, Inc.
- Plan Group Technology
- Quartet Service Corporation
- Pure Logic
- Canon Capital Management Group
- Caorda Solutions
- Shah Communications L.L.C.
- Fike Consulting
- IMS Health S.p.A.
- Intense Technology
- Belron UK Ltd
Low Total Cost of Ownership
No Implementation Services or Programming Necessary
- $350.00 per VMware/XenServer Host (not per Socket or CPU)
- $50.00 per Virtual Machine Agent
- $300.00 per XenApp Server
- $15.00 per Virtual Desktop Agent
- $125.00 per Provisioning Server Agent
- $125.00 per Physical Server Agent
- $95.00 per Network Device (not per port element)